Saturday, June 1, 2013

Evolution vs. Creation: It IS a War, and It IS Important!

"I'm okay with evolution.  God could have created everything using evolution, you know.  Just because I'm Christian doesn't mean evolution doesn't exist!  Look at all that evidence, with the fossil record and all we know about life and biology that we didn't know before!  And besides, what does it really matter what I believe anyway?  Evolution or not, it's not what's really important, so why bother?"
     Have you ever had anyone tell you this?  Or perhaps you were thinking the same thing as you read it.  Well, let me be the first to say "It matters more than you care to know!  And it's wrong!"
     And if you start to debate, sooner or later, if they know a thing or two about Darwinism, you get this little line of reasoning:  "They've discovered the dinosaurs, and we have all these examples of Cro-Magnon man, the missing link, like Richard Leaky's 'Lucy', and look how closely humans are like apes.  We're all primates!  With radio carbon dating, they've been able to determine the age of the earth and the fossils they uncover, at least within 10 million years, and are pretty accurate in determining when the big bang occurred since they've been able to study the universe.  Besides, what does Christianity have to do with science?  Don't you guys all believe the earth was created merely 6,000 years ago?"


     Suffice to say, I'm not very good at the art of debate.  I usually don't have a clever turn of phrase, and trying to explain all the things I've read and seen about the evolution vs. creation debate in an actual dialogue has me fumbling for words and concepts I have here in my head, and my arguments are never all that convincing.  I'm much better with the written word, but here, I seem to have the opposite problem, and wind up getting bogged down in the scientific "nuts and bolts" of the argument quite often.  I've had several friends and family tell me I'm too deep sometimes, yet at the same time, I get the feeling my "deep writing" would be dismissed by some as simplistic.  Not that it is, but if they can pull this with the likes of Hank Hanegraaff, C.S. Lewis, Dinesh D'Souza, Stephen C. Meyer, Jonathan Sarfati, Ann Coulter, and other highly intelligent people, I'm sure they could easily do it with me too.  In fact, much more so!
     This blog post, and some that will follow, are in answer to those who have the attitude above, that God could have created everything using evolution (yet He didn't, because the evidence doesn't bear it out), that all the scientific evidence we've accumulated supports the theory of evolution to such a point that it shouldn't even be called a theory anymore, and shouldn't be contested (entirely false, especially with the Darwinists suffering one mistake and hoax after another, and having to continually revise their findings and conclusions) or that it doesn't matter (which is also a dangerous fallacy, with the scientific community and the schools, from Kindergarten to colleges and universities, using the concept of evolution as a springboard into teaching generations of people that God doesn't exist, and that everything came into being by chance).

     This has become my biggest and most impassioned struggle as a Christian, and the one apologetic concept I've been the most fascinated and enraptured by.  When I say I am a creationist, I don't want to be brushed aside as an intellectual peon, or as someone who has been hoodwinked.  I hope that whoever might read this blog post, or any of my blog posts that deal with this concept, will at least realize I've studied the issue probably more than you have.  I know what I'm talking about, and I have a mountain of evidence to back up my position.  Time and time again, I have run across one piece of evidence after another that supports the concept of creationism, or intelligent design, and proves once again how deceptive and wishful-thinking the Darwinists are, and always have been.  And for those who think it's not important anyway, I've learned how very IMPORTANT this debate really is, because the Christians who have the attitude of which I started this blog post are asleep and uncaring, while a certain breed of evolutionist who hate the very idea of God are on the attack.  It's time for me to state my views, in their entirety, as I comb over my journal entries over the last two decades looking for all the times I decided to pick up this debate and write my thoughts down about it (and there are a lot of times like this!).
     As with my ongoing list of favorite movies from the 90's, my current posts on the news and movie reviews, I'll just have to work these "Evolution vs. Creation" blog posts in where I can.  They've already been written, just sitting there in my journal waiting for an opportunity for someone, somewhere, to read them, and possibly have a light turn on.


     The three things I want to make clear here, right off the bat, however, is how important this debate really is, even if you don't think it is, how Darwinists have deluded everybody into believing their every erroneous word in the name of "science", and how those who disagree aren't really bible-thumping idiots, but instead, quite often, have IQ's many times northward of their internet detractors.  At any rate, don't just believe everything that Bill Nye the Science Guy says about this topic, just because he's Bill Nye the Science Guy.  If he's really that smart, maybe he can explain some of the inherent problems with the theory that not even Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Daniel Dennett have been able to justify in all their articles and books!
     I've already written a little bit about this particular debate in this very blog.  To whet your appetite, see the following links:

The Evolutionis/Creationist Debate and the Book "To Seek Out New Life: The Biology of Star Trek" by Athena Andreadis, Ph. D.
Welcome to Fantasy Exhibit
How I Became a Christian: The Fallacy of Evolution and Finding the True Jesus


I'll leave you with a quote from confirmed atheist Carl Sagan, who began his book Cosmos with this quote:
"The Cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be."
     How very... scientific of you Carl!  Is that fact?  Or Belief?  Is that science?  Or is it religion?  If it's science, then prove it.  If not, then admit it is mere belief.
     Much of what the scientists say these days, and that the public accept without thinking too critically about, is just like this.  This is NOT a scientific statement.  It is belief, and it's wishful thinking on Carl Sagan's part.  If your game, and want to see more, I intend to show you more.  If not, you can skip these blog posts just as a liberal blocks Fox News from their TV's.  But don't kid yourself into thinking your smarter and better for it.

     Now, amidst more movie reviews or other trivial posts... let the debate begin!

1 comment:

  1. I believe with every fiber of my being that God created everything. But as a gardener, I cannot deny that many of the plants in my garden are distinguishably different from their ancestors that were brought here from Europe, Asia, and Africa. But does this mean that I believe that plants have "evolved" from something other than plants? The answer is that I don't know, which I believe is very different from saying that I don't care. As a newly confirmed Catholic, I believe that the power of God is greater than any of us can ever possibly understand, so I will defer to the generally accepted teachings of my Catholic faith (which I wholeheartedly believe):

    There are generally three seperate Evolutionary theories. These are the theories of cosmological evolution, biological evolution, and human evolution.

    Concerning cosmological evolution, the Catholic Church teaches that the universe, the world, and all things which are contained in it, both spiritual and material, as regards their whole substance, were specially created out of nothing by God.

    The Church does not have an official position on whether the stars, nebulae, and planets we see today were created at that time or whether they developed over time (for example, in the aftermath of the Big Bang). However, the Church would maintain that, if the stars and planets did develop over time, this still ultimately must be attributed to God and his plan, for Scripture records: "By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and all their host [stars, nebulae, planets] by the breath of his mouth" (Ps. 33:6).

    Concerning biological evolution, the Church does not have an official position on whether various life forms developed over the course of time. However, it says that, if they did develop, then they did so under the impetus and guidance of God, and their ultimate creation must be ascribed to him.

    Concerning human evolution, the Church has a more definite teaching. It allows for the possibility that man’s body developed from previous biological forms, under God’s guidance, but it insists on the special creation of his soul. So whether the human body was specially created or developed, we hold as a matter of Catholic faith that the human soul is specially created; it did not evolve, and it is not inherited from our parents, as our bodies are.

    I am not just quoting the beliefs of the Catholic Church so that I can blindly follow with out stating my own opinion. I personally believe that God created the universe (and everything in it) out of nothing. I also believe that his creations (stars, nebulae, planets, and even various life forms) developed over time according to God and his plan, but that the human Soul was specially created in the image of God, and did not evolve.

    ReplyDelete