Monday, November 12, 2012

Were the Republicans Blind and Deaf to the Reality of Modern America?

I usually don't post in here except something new on the weekends and something old on Wednesdays, and always from my journal.  However, I have something on my mind that I probably won't put in my journal, and is a bit long, with too many links, for Facebook and Google+.  If nothing else, I highly recommend you read the three articles I link below by Thomas Sowell, Mona Charen, and Matt Barber, they are THAT GOOD in explaining what happened during this election, and where this country is headed!

For weeks, I've had an inkling that perhaps Romney wouldn't win.  After talking with several liberals, some of what they talked about had me concerned that Obama was going to win a second term, even with his dismal record.  I tried to express my concerns in some of my previous posts, such as 
(all linked through the titles, and all of which I had previously written in my journals).  Some family members who have read them have invariably enjoyed, if not quite understanding what I was ultimately trying to say.  Maybe even I wasn't quite clear on what I was trying to say, which, in retrospect, is that I am on the conservative right, but that many, many people are not.  Too many, infact, to win us the election.  I was just trying to understand them, but I, along with all those on the conservative right, including Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Medved, Mike Gallagher, and Sean Hannity, didn't see the writing on the wall until it was too late.  Were the republicans just too optimistic about their chances?  Why was I more nervous and less confident about this election than they were?
     So now, as we try to pick up the pieces of this unsuccessful run at the presidency, some pundits are trying to figure it all out.  I'm not sure what the left is saying because I rarely listen to them (though I will be listening to Air America tomorrow on my to and from work because I like to know what they're saying and thinking every so often), but some on the right still don't quite understand what happened.  Others do, and I was struck by the three following articles from Townhall.com that laid it all out better than I could.  These should be read, if not by everybody, then at least by those on the right, conservatives, republicans, and Christians.  These three articles are all linked to the actual articles through the titles:
Nice Losers by Thomas Sowell
and God Will Not Be Mocked by Matt Barber
     And I realize after reading these articles that America is not the same America it once was.  This America just elected a president to a second term of office, and this president is embroiled in the midst of two scandals (Benghazi and General Petraeus' infidelity and resignation) the general public at large seems to actually care little about.  This America just embraced abortion, gay marriage, legalizing drugs, bigger government, socialized medicine, ongoing debt, continuing unemployment, illegal immigration, and entitlement.  This America just voted a president into a second term that our enemies were rooting for.  What's wrong with this picture.
     This is not an America I condone or recognize anymore.
     And after reading these articles, I fear it will probably only get worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment