Thursday, October 3, 2013

Getting Real, and Political, and Real Political: A View From the Right

     There’s a lot going on these days!  Right now, as I write in here, with a work crew of probably illegal aliens from Mexico who can't speak English ripping out our front porch and raising our garage to fix structural damage, the government is shut down.  The democrats and the liberal media are, of course, blaming the republicans, and the populous, which, to my eyes, are primarily just sponges for the liberal movement and ideals, allowing them to reshape their minds and tell them what to think, are swallowing everything they are fed, like good little Nazis – I mean Americans (or do I?).  If you want my opinion, it’s the democrats who are not playing ball.  They won’t negotiate, and then blame the republicans, and the media only tell the public what Obama wants them to hear.  They’ve even been programmed to block the only sources, like Fox News and conservative radio, telling them anything different.  It’s the craziest thing!  I’m not officially part of the Tea Party movement, but perhaps I should be, and with my values and morality, I’m apparently already one of them.  The more I dig into politics and understand what is going on in Washington and the rest of this country, the more firmly entrenched I am way over on the far Christian conservative right!
     With that said, I will also say I grow weary of entrenching myself in politics.  Some people thrive on such stuff, on all sides of the equation.  People like Bill Maher, Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter, Matt Walsh, and yes, even some family members, are much more outspoken than I am!  Try as I might, I can’t seem to continually sustain the outright passion for political debate that some of them have.  I, of course, want to know what’s going on, and I speak my mind about it, but even with all I’ve posted on Facebook, my blog, and elsewhere, I am far from a political attack dog and conservative pundit.  The fact that my last post was all about the last season of So You Think You Can Dance is proof of that!  If you want to know what one of the more outspoken commentary looks like, check out Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin on Townhall.com (linked here), or Matt Walsh’s blog (linked here).  I absolutely LOVE Matt Walsh’s blog!  They are in this political and cultural fight a lot more than I am; they seem to love it, they’re much more informed, and frankly, they’re better at the art of the debate.  I can’t even successfully argue with some members of my own family about the cultural rot occurring in this country, and the reason I don’t want to download Robin Thicke’s otherwise catchy ditty “Blurred Lines” because of all the sexual immorality surrounding it!  (Matt Walsh had some great things to say about that singer and song in the post linked here)  And if I can’t even do that with a family member who is also conservative and agrees with me on most conservative issues concerning politics and culture, then what good am I really?  I just like to write my little opinion about what I see that is right, and wrong, such as when the family members of some of those slain in Benghazi gave testimony and a bunch of democrats walked out!  (See the article linked here.)  Sure, these democrats were probably being demonized, but they deserved it, and what a lack of respect to those who died trying to save the lives of American citizens while the government ordered them to stand down and Obama went to bed!  Maybe they should have walked out when the family members spoke.  I’d be ashamed to face them too!  Yet something tells me shame isn’t what they were feeling, but outrage and anger, which is not the emotion they should have been feeling after what they allowed to happen.  But in today’s culture, nobody wants to take responsibility for anything.  It’s easier to point at the other guy.  Hence, I’m quite often allergic to all of it!  (And why not, I’m allergic to everything else, or so my allergist tells me!)
     So the fact that someone opened fire on a military base in Washington, and, go figure, the people there were killed due to the law that states military personnel cannot carry weapons on a military base (?!?!), and Obama’s flack over wanting to start World War III by dropping bombs on Syria and supplying al-qaeda supporters with weapons, and the attack on a shopping mall in Kenya, as well as Obamacare kicking in amid all kinds of issues and debates and a government shut down, are all old news by now!  And everyone's got an opinion about all of it.
     Just looking at one of those stories, how dozens of people were killed at a Kenyan shopping mall for tourists and the well-to-do on the National Day of Peace by terrorists with ties to al-qaeda, I can glean a lot about what is going on and make an informed opinion about it, and fall even further into my conservative values.  Some of the shoppers were released if they could recite a Muslim prayer.  At least some of those who couldn’t were killed.  Is this what we get from the “religion of peace”?
     Notice how there are never any stories of Christians killing people who can’t say the Lord’s prayer, or torturing folks who paint pictures of our Lord and Savior using urine and feces.  Someone always brings up the Crusades at times like this, to show how ruthless Christians are and have been, but the Crusades happened a long time ago, and those Christians were fighting – here we go again – Muslims who forcibly took their Holy Lands from them and were trying to spread their “religion of peace” throughout Christian Europe by force.  And notice how Europe isn’t so Christian anymore.  After all this time, their plan worked.  It just took a little longer, and they managed to do it quietly, right under their noses.  And yes, it’s happening here too.
     About the worst Christians ever do these days is to stand up for their personal beliefs without trying to change anyone else’s mind, and to differentiate between Christ-centered morality and immorality, yet even this mediocre stance still makes them become enemy number one on the liberals’ list of villains.  It’s because conservative Christians draw a line in the sand, and the liberals don’t like even having a line.  “How dare you try to impose your morality on those who don’t agree with you!”  At the same time, I guess they don’t even realize how they are trying to impose their brand of morality – gay marriage, abortion on demand, and drugs, condoms, and entitlements for everyone – upon the populace.  How do you think Obamacare got passed in the first place?  By and large, except for the most ardent Obama sponges, we didn’t want it!  And yet, somehow, it has been forced upon us by the very people who decided to exempt themselves.  That alone should make your blood boil, and if not, then why not?  I’ll tell you why not.  If you’re not upset by that, they you really are an Obama sponge, soaking up and then spewing everything the liberals want you to think and believe!

     So while the liberals continue to demonize Christians, and say the most idiotic things, such as how George Washington would be appalled at the actions of the Tea Party if he were alive today, they don’t seem to have such a moral qualm with Muslims killing people.  Rosie O’Donnell might be self-righteously upset with Christians while she continues to live any old way she pleases, but at least she isn’t forced to wear a burka, or lose her head.  Just think of what these hate-filled Muslims would really do to people like her if – or should I say when – they are in charge! 

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work. And keep studying the religion of Democracy. The higher you go up the ladder, the more you find there is no difference between Republican and Democrat up toward the top. If I give you Coke and Pepsi, you will be glad to choose one thinking you have some choice in the matter, though really all you are getting is cola with one mild variation to the left or right. There is one agenda implemented in waves by jockeying people against one another back and forth, but always moving the agenda a little further ahead. If what you already know about politics makes your blood boil, find out more! Then your blood will froth over and you will see why what we've really got to do is to address each heart with the Good News of God's perfect government in Christ Jesus. Thank God He is coming soon!

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete